"The Way I See It: Collector's 3rd Edition" is Future Horizons' Book of the Week! Read a free excerpt below. Through May 10th, you can get this book at 30% off!
Recipient of the GOLD award in "Special & Exceptional Needs Parenting" from the Mom's Choice Awards!
The collector’s edition of this best-selling book by the author who has changed the definition of autism contains revisions based on the most current research on the autistic brain and therapies. As well as expanding and, in some cases, significantly updating the content, Temple Grandin has included 12 additional chapters.
The Way I See It - COLLECTOR'S EDITION, Hardback Cover | A Personal Look at Autism and Asperger's by Dr. Temple Grandin Revised and Expanded 3rd EDITION
Author(s): Temple Grandin
In this highly anticipated revised and expanded version of this innovative book, Dr. Grandin gets down to the REAL issues of autism, the ones parents, teachers, and individuals on the spectrum face every day.
In The Way I See It, Temple delves into:
- How and Why People with Autism Think Differently
- Economical Early Intervention Programs that Work
- How Sensory Sensitivities Affect Learning
- Behaviors Caused by a Disability vs. Just Bad Behaviors
- Alternative Medicine vs. Conventional Medicine
- And many more!
PLUS, this revised and expanded 3rd edition contains many new sections including:
- Improving Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Which School is Best for My Child with ASD?
- Teaching Turn Taking and the Ability to Wait
- Get Out and Experience Life!
- Why Do Kids with Autism Stim?
- Teens with ASD Must Learn Both Social and Work Skills to Keep Jobs