"The Loving Push"
A book that will instill hope within your life!
by Dr. Temple Grandin and Dr. Debra Moore
The Loving Push
How parents and professionals can help spectrum kids become successful adults
Author(s): Temple Grandin, Ph.D. and Debra Moore, Ph.D.
Parents, teachers, therapists, and anyone who cares about a child or teen on the autism spectrum need this essential roadmap to prepare our youth for being successful adults in today’s world. Best-selling author, autism advocate, and animal science professor Dr. Temple Grandin joins psychologist and autism specialist Dr. Debra Moore in spelling out what steps you can take to restore your child’s hope and motivation, and what you must avoid. Eight life stories told by people on the autism spectrum, including chapters on subjects like how to get kids off their computers, how to build on their strengths and get back to caring about their lives, and how to find a path to a successful, meaningful life make this a “MUST-READ BOOK.”
Available in Audio Formats
The Path To Success Starts Here: HOPE
How to Maximize Your Child's Odds of Success
Moving Out, Moving On: Prepare Now
From The Introduction: Dr. Temple Grandin
Our children on the spectrum are growing up. According to Drexel University’s National Autism Report, about 50,000 kids with autism exit high school each year in the U.S. About a half million youth with autism will enter adulthood over the next decade. This book springs from our passion, aspirations, and hopes for these teens and young adult. -Dr. Temple Grandin
Discover, Learn and Grow
- Avoiding Learned Helplessness - New strategies to help create a positive mindset
- Optimism and Resisting Habitual Negative Thinking - What is "Learned Optimism" and how can you put it to work?
- What are the "3 P's" and how you can begin implementing new strategies? There are 3 easy ways to remember how to teach our kids to resist their habitual negative thinking and self-blame. Known as the “3 P’s”, they involve concepts of Permanence, Pervasiveness, and Personalization.
- The Critical Impact of Mentors - Teachers, Friends, Media Personalities and Superheroes
- How to Break Bad Habits and instill HOPE - Teens Need Straight Talk
- Living In Their Bedroom Is Not An Acceptable Life - Your Child Needs Extra Help to Build HOPE
- HOPE Theory - Let Them Rebound and Grow
- The Loving Push is Necessary - Self-Initiative and Motivation
- Don't Let Guilt Undermine You
- Start Early and Build Up Skills That Will Endure
- Effective Strategies for Coping With Depression and Anxiety
- Recreational versus Compulsive Gaming Defined
- Teaching Vital Life Skills Needed for Success
- The Value of Family Rituals
- Step In Early and Be "Hands On"
- Matching Your Child's Thinking Style to Their Life
- Get the book!
- Subscribe To The Future Horizons Newsletter and Facebook family for updates and inspirational quotes!
- Get to know Temple Grandin through a Future Horizon's Autism and Asperger Conference - sign up to learn when Temple Grandin will be in your area!
ABOUT The Authors:
Dr. Temple Grandin was born in Boston, Massachusetts. Temple’s achievements are remarkable because she was a child with autism. At age two, she had speech delays as well as other signs of severe autism. Fortunately, her mother defied the advice of her doctor and husband, who recommended she be institutionalized. Many hours of speech therapy and intensive training enabled Temple ultimately to speak. As a teenager, life was hard with constant teasing. Mentoring by her high school science teacher and her aunt on her ranch in Arizona motivated Temple to study and pursue a career as a scientist and livestock equipment designer. She is a popular international lecturer on autism, a professor of animal science at Colorado State University, and the author of Emergence: Labeled Autistic; Thinking in Pictures; Animals in Translation; Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships; The Way I See It; DIFFERENT...Not Less; and many more.
Scroll Down for Related Titles!