eBook: No More Meltdowns: Positive strategies for managing and preventing out-of-control behavior
Author(s): Jed Baker
It could happen anywhere: at the grocery store, at a restaurant, at school, or at home. Meltdowns are stressful for both child and adult, but Dr. Baker can help! Author of the award-winning Social Skills Picture Book series, Dr. Jed Baker offers parents and teachers strategies for preventing and managing meltdowns. Over twenty years of experience working with children on the autism spectrum combined with his personal experiences raising his own children have yielded time-tested strategies—and results! Dr. Baker offers an easy-to-follow, four-step model that will improve your everyday relationships with the children in your life, including managing your own emotions by adjusting your expectations, learning strategies to calm a meltdown in the moment, understanding why a meltdown occurs, and creating plans to prevent future meltdowns.
Helpful chapters include:
Meltdowns: When rewards and punishments are not enough
What are meltdowns made of?
Accepting and appreciating our children
De-escalating a meltdown
Understanding why repeat problems occur
Creating a prevention plan
SPECIAL OFFER: With our Behavior package, you can have many great resources and save over $170! Click on it in the Special Products and Kits section to learn more.
ALSO, BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NO MORE MELTDOWNS APP, NOW AVAILABLE ON ITUNES!
MOBI eBook No More Meltdowns
Future Horizons, Inc. (www.FHAutism.com) grants you the non-exclusive right to keep a permanent copy of the applicable Digital Content and to view, use, and display such Digital Content an unlimited number of times, solely on the Device as authorized, as part of the purchase solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
Unless specifically indicated otherwise, you may not sell, rent, lease, distribute, broadcast, sub-license or otherwise assign any rights to the purchased Digital Content or any portion of it to any third party, and you may not remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Digital Content.
Digital Content File Information
Mobipocket products support most Windows, Symbian, BlackBerry and Palm operating systems and the Amazon Kindle's reader is compliant with the Mobipocket format.
How to transfer your eBook to the Kindle:
.MOBI File Download Instructions
If you purchase an eBook from Future Horizons, www.fhautism.com, you can easily hook up the Kindle to your computer using a USB cable or via email.
To add a Future Horizons Mobipocket (".mobi") eBook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the ".mobi" Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, "Safely Remove Mass Storage Device (Windows) or "Eject" (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USBcable from your Kindle
Your newly purchased title/eBook from FHAutism should now appear in your Kindle library.
*For more on transferring files via USB or via the Kindle's email service see sections 8.2 and 8.3 of your Kindle User's Guide.
Loading a Mobipocket ebook to Kindle Fire:
To add a Future Horizon's eBook Mobipocket (".mobi") file to your Kindle Fire:
- Turn your Kindle on.
- Connect the Kindle to your computer with a USB Cable (note that the Kindle Fire does not ship with a cable so you will need to supply your own).
- Your Kindle Screen will now say "You can now transfer files from your computer to Kindle"
- On your computer, the Kindle's hard drive should be mounted and displayed as "KINDLE"
- Drag and drop the ".mobi" Ebook file into either the "Books" or "Documents" folderon your Kindle
- Unmount the Kindle from your computer: choose "Safely Remove Mass Storage Device" (Windows) or "Eject" (Mac)
Your books will show up in the Docs section of your Kindle Fire, as well as in the carousel.
Using the Mobipocket Ebook with other devices:
Each tablet / manufacturer transfer process differ slightly, so always check your user manual for your tablet device to familiarize yourself with the procedure.
Users of Kindle can also go to Amazon for a variety of instructions on transferring non-Amazon content to their Kindle Tablets at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle
Enjoy your eBook!
Scroll Down for Related Titles!
No posts found