eBook: A Treasure Chest of Behavioral Strategies for Individuals with Autism
Author(s): Beth Fouse, Maria Wheeler
A cornucopia of ideas, strategies, and concepts that will apply to virtually any situation! The authors address sensory, communication, physical, and social-emotional issues by increasing desired behaviors and decreasing unwanted behaviors. You will learn how to
- build sensory diets into everyday activities
- use antecedent control
- teach students to self-regulate
- deal with self-injurious behaviors, physical or verbal aggression
- teach toilet training
- handle obsessive-compulsive behavior and fixations
- deal with crisis/stress/data management
- handle data management
and much more.
Whatever problems you face, you'll find helpful solutions to them in this book. This book should be on every teacher's and parent's bookshelf. Great reference source!
Beth Fouse, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Special Services, School of Education and Psychology, at The University of Texas at Tyler. She has over twenty years experience in the public schools as a classroom teacher and administrator. Beth currently teaches courses in gifted education and special education in various disability areas including autism, communication disorders and behavioral disorders. She is a certified instructor in Nonviolent Crises Intervention and has been certified by Dr. Guy Berard as an auditory integration practitioner. Beth works one day per week with a special education cooperative providing family training, school/home liaison services, classroom consultation for teachers of students with autism and other behavioral disorders. She also provides in-service training for other school districts and educational agencies in the northeast Texas area.
Maria Wheeler, M.Ed., has spent more than twenty years of her professional life in the fields of Psychology and Special Education, with an emphasis on Neurobehavioral Disorders, Applied Behavior Analysis, and Specific Learning Disabilities. She has held positions in Florida and Texas as a special education classroom teacher, behavior specialist, and director of behavioral services for residential treatment centers serving adults and children with neurobehavioral disorders and developmental disabilities. She currently holds Texas teacher certificates/endorsements in Serious Emotional Disturbance and Autism, Special Education, and Psychology. Maria works as a private consultant serving various school districts, educational agencies, and families throughout Texas.
MOBI eBook A Treasure Chest of Behavioral Strategies for Individuals with Autism
Future Horizons, Inc. (www.FHAutism.com) grants you the non-exclusive right to keep a permanent copy of the applicable Digital Content and to view, use, and display such Digital Content an unlimited number of times, solely on the Device as authorized, as part of the purchase solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
Unless specifically indicated otherwise, you may not sell, rent, lease, distribute, broadcast, sub-license or otherwise assign any rights to the purchased Digital Content or any portion of it to any third party, and you may not remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Digital Content.
Digital Content File Information
Mobipocket products support most Windows, Symbian, BlackBerry and Palm operating systems and the Amazon Kindle's reader is compliant with the Mobipocket format.
How to transfer your eBook to the Kindle:
.MOBI File Download Instructions
If you purchase an eBook from Future Horizons, www.fhautism.com, you can easily hook up the Kindle to your computer using a USB cable or via email.
To add a Future Horizons Mobipocket (".mobi") eBook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the ".mobi" Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, "Safely Remove Mass Storage Device (Windows) or "Eject" (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USBcable from your Kindle
Your newly purchased title/eBook from FHAutism should now appear in your Kindle library.
*For more on transferring files via USB or via the Kindle's email service see sections 8.2 and 8.3 of your Kindle User's Guide.
Loading a Mobipocket ebook to Kindle Fire:
To add a Future Horizon's eBook Mobipocket (".mobi") file to your Kindle Fire:
- Turn your Kindle on.
- Connect the Kindle to your computer with a USB Cable (note that the Kindle Fire does not ship with a cable so you will need to supply your own).
- Your Kindle Screen will now say "You can now transfer files from your computer to Kindle"
- On your computer, the Kindle's hard drive should be mounted and displayed as "KINDLE"
- Drag and drop the ".mobi" Ebook file into either the "Books" or "Documents" folderon your Kindle
- Unmount the Kindle from your computer: choose "Safely Remove Mass Storage Device" (Windows) or "Eject" (Mac)
Your books will show up in the Docs section of your Kindle Fire, as well as in the carousel.
Using the Mobipocket Ebook with other devices:
Each tablet / manufacturer transfer process differ slightly, so always check your user manual for your tablet device to familiarize yourself with the procedure.
Users of Kindle can also go to Amazon for a variety of instructions on transferring non-Amazon content to their Kindle Tablets at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle
Enjoy your eBook!
Scroll Down for Related Titles!
No posts found